Sunday, July 3, 2011

The love of the Princess

Chronologically, these are not the first pictures I took, but they represent the most important ones........for my daughter Ela!

Ela around the age of 2,5 years old, has developed this obsessive "love" for Snow White (Blanche Neige - Français / Pamuk Prenses - Türkçe). Everything was about her: the DVD, the puzzles, the books, the outfit, the stickers...


Oh Boy!, it drove me craaazzzy but since I love my daughter and my daughter loved Snow White, I had to love ..."baking snow white".


On a quite Sunday afternoon (20-Feb-2011), Ela and I went on baking a Hazelnut-cookie in the shape of Snow White. The recipe was simple, a soft cookie dough with hazelnuts for extra flavor (I may have even made up the recipe from my mind), painted using the appropriate food coloring to match Snow White's outfit.

Here are the pictures (please don't laugh), in 5 steps:

1- Making the cookie dough and shaping it by hand


2- baking 20 min in a medium-hot oven, and yes Little Princess became "tombiş" as we say in Turkish (she looks like those 19th century well-fed farm-girl with great fatty cheese, milk and home-made bread)
 
3- oh and we had to paint it, yellow please for the skirt as Miss Ela insisted on

4- a bit of arrangement for this "delicacy"


5- et sans scrupules, Ela l'a dévoré avec un verre de lait froid

No comments: