Thursday, July 28, 2011

Antep Usulü...in Paris!

Each time I went back on holiday to Paris, I was happy to bring with me some edible gifts to share with my family and friends. Having thus exhausted the list of  all varieties of Lukum, baklava, helva, dried-fruits, nuts, simit, salty cakes, börek, paskalya, herbal teas,  akide şeker, chocolate candies and badem çikolata.

This time, as everyone was busy preparing and helping for my cousin's wedding, I needed a gift, that could be shared among many persons and more importantly  that could stay fresh as I had no idea when everyone would be available to gather.
 
So, guess what I end-up buying.......Kuru  Patlıcan!

Yes, and I made my very-first  'Antep Usulü Kuru Patlıcan Dolması' (Dried Aubergines Dolmas, Antep style), at my aunt's kitchen, a quite challenging task I must admit as I had to master the flavor, the quantity, the surprise aspect and  not to mention finding my way in someone else kitchen!
 
And here is the proof:



No comments: